Otherwise, the setup and first few steps for this project are the same for any Container Candle.
For this project, you'll need:
- Clear glass containers of some sort - I'm using 8 oz. standard jelly jars from the grocery store
- A container blend wax - I'm using Astorlite J-50(Buy Direct), but there are many great ones to choose from.
- Appropriate wick for your jar and wax - I'm using an HTP-83 (Buy Direct), (though there are several wicks you could use - another good choice is the 51-32-18z zinc)
- Fragrance, as desired
- Wick bars or a plastic straws to keep the wick centered
- Basic candle making equipment
- a basic understanding of candle making safety.
Start your candle following the instructions for a Container Candle:
- Set your wicks
- Weigh and melt your wax. (You don't need to preheat your containers, we'll be getting them plenty hot in a couple of steps)
- Add your fragrance (I'm not using any color in the main part of the candle - I'm leaving that white - though you could color the main part of the candle a color if you wanted.)
- Pour the wax into the jars