For this project, you need:
- Some soap - you can use melt and pour or cold process soap...
- A mold - the 3D molds I have here (and that are listed on the right) are great for making soaps on ropes...but, as you'll see, you can make it with any soap mold
- Some rope - nylon is good because it's not affected by the water, but, as I'm going to do here, you can use decorative ropes or natural ropes as well. I usually allow about 18" - 24" per soap.
- Some scissors for the rope
- A spray bottle of rubbing alcohol if you're using melt and pour base
- Basic soapmaking setup appropriate for the kind of soap you are making including whatever colors, fragrances or additives you are putting in your soap