At its base, it's just a simple lavender essential oil soap - but the addition of patchouli and orange to the blend gives it some wonderful complexity. (Adding a nice base note and top note to the blend.)
Use my combination of oils below, or feel free to create your own soap recipe.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 6.8 oz. palm oil
- 10.2 oz. coconut oil
- 1.7 oz cocoa butter
- 10.2 oz. olive oil
- 1.7 oz. castor oil
- 3.4 oz. sunflower oil
- 4.9 oz. lye
- 11.3 oz. of water
- 2 TBS of lightly ground lavender buds
- .4 oz. orange essential oil
- .4 oz. patchouli essential oil
- .8 oz. lavender essential oil
- Measure out all of your oils, essential oils and colorants (I generally used a purple oxide in a swirl for this soap...but it's completely optional.)
- Make your soap batch as you normally would, following basic soap making instructions.
- At trace, add in the essential oils and the lavender buds.
- Stir well. Add your colorants/swirl, if desired.
- Pour into the mold of your choice. Let it saponify over night. Slice it when it's firm enough to slice.
- Let it cure for 3-4 weeks.
- Enjoy your Lavender Dream soap!