You can use this recipe with any soap recipe - or Create Your Own Soap Recipe.
Here are the options:
- Add about 1 tbs. of tomato paste per pound of oils. Add it in at trace
- Add 1-2 tsp. of finely ground sun-dried tomatoes also at trace
- Add 1-2 tsp. of finely ground fresh or dried basil leaves at trace
- Just substitute well-pureed tomatoes (get out that old blender!) for the water in your recipe. The tomatoes have so much water in them as it is, you can use up 100% tomatoe puree in exchange of the water.
- All of the above!
Here's the recipe I used for this batch. (Be sure to run your recipe through a lye calculator if you change the size or oils!)
Makes two pounds of soap
- 7.5 oz. Olive Oil
- 7.5 oz. Coconut Oil
- 7 oz. Palm Oil
- 1.5 oz. Castor Oil
- 1.5 oz. Cocoa Butter
- 7.5 oz. total liquid (3-4 large tomatoes, well pureed)
- 3.6 oz. lye
- optional 1-2 tbs tomato paste and/or 1-2 tsp. of finely ground sun-dried tomatoes
- Follow the directions in Making a lye solution with alternative liquids to make your lye solution with the tomato puree.
- Make your soap recipe using basic soap making instructions.
- Add in the tomato paste and/or sun-dried tomoatoes at trace
- Pour the soap into your mold, wait overnight, unmold, slice, cure and enjoy!