Here's the recipe I used for this batch. (Be sure to run your recipe through a lye calculator if you change the size or oils!)
Makes two pounds of soap
- 7.5 oz. Olive Oil
- 7.5 oz. Coconut Oil
- 7 oz. Palm Oil
- 1.5 oz. Castor Oil
- 1.5 oz. Cocoa Butter
- 7.5 oz. total liquid (one large cucumber, and the skin off of a second)
- 3.6 oz. lye
- optional 2-3 tbs finely ground cucumber skin - patted very dry with a paper towel after grating - gives little green specks to the soap.
- Follow the directions in Making a lye solution with alternative liquids to make your lye solution with the cucumber.
- Make your soap recipe using basic soap making instructions.
- Add in the grated cucumber at trace
- Pour the soap into your mold, wait overnight, unmold, slice, cure and enjoy!
- There are several cucumber, or the ever popular cucumber-melon fragrance oils on the market - one of my favorites is at From Nature With Love (Buy Direct).
- Other natural colorants like spirulina or even green oxide can give a darker green swirl in the light green soap.