The four clays I used were:
- Kaolin - a mild, white, fluffy clay. It's good for light masks or scrubs, and gives a silkiness and creaminess to soaps.
- Bentonite - a light green clay, it is highly absorbent and good for oily skin. It gives a slippery silkiness which makes it good in shaving soaps.
- Rose clay - a general purpose medium weight clay used mostly for its lovely rose color, but also adds silkiness, slip and absorbency to soaps.
- Rhassoul - a light brown clay that has used for its great ability to absorb oils and impurities from the skin and hair. It gives a lovely brown speckled color and is lightly exfoliating.
- 30% Olive Oil
- 25% Palm Oil (you can substitute lard or tallow as well)
- 25% Coconut Oil
- 15% Sunflower Oil (you can substitute other liquid oils like canola, soybean, or almond too)
- 5% Castor Oil
Go to page 2 for ways to add the clay to the soap mix...