But lately, most discount stores like Target and Wal-Mart have been carrying these silicone molds in the baking section - and they're very inexpensive!
For this project you'll need:
- A silicone baking mold - I'm using a rose pattern, but I've seen them in flowers, cinnamon rolls and other interesting options.
- A blend of wax appropriate for pillars or votives - I'm using IGI 1343
- Wick appropriate for the size candle that will be molded - I'm using a #1 cotton core braid - wire core also works well. The wick I am using is rated for 2-3" candles.
- Fragrance and color, as desired
- Glitter, if desired
- An understanding of basic candle safety
Note: You can use these instructions for basically any candle that uses a similar type of mold - just adjust your color and/or fragrance accordingly.