1 of 10
Melt and Pour Starry Soaps
Melt and Pour Star Embed Soap
Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight…
One of the advantages of melt and pour soap is the ability to layer, insert, embed and otherwise craft your soap with marvelous shapes, designs and surprises. Another design possibility is to combine transparent soap with opaque or colored soap to give the effect of things “floating” in water or air.
This project is inspired by the bright stars in a clear night. It uses gold and silver mica in a clear soap base, surrounded by a clear base tinted with a clear blue. If your wish is for a fun star-filled soap, this should be just perfect!
In addition to a basic understanding of melt and pour soap making, for this project you’ll need…
- Clear melt and pour soap base – I used about 18 oz. of clear base
- Gold mica
- Silver mica (or whatever color you want your stars to be)
- A fragrance oil of your choice – the clearer the better – I’m using a combination of lavender and spearmint essential oils at a 50/50 ratio
- Basic melt and pour soap making equipment – (knife, cutting board, measuring cups, whisk, measuring spoons, etc.)
- Small star mold - I got this from a soap making supply company
- Larger star mold – I got this silicone mold in the baking section of my craft store
Let's get started.