Question: Can I embed anything in gel wax candles?
Answer: As long as they're not flammable or melt-able. But be careful...there are things that you wouldn't think would burn, that will. Like peppermint candies...or coffee beans...or plastic army men...or miniature wooden nutcrackers...or plastic angels. If in doubt, hold it over a candle flame for a few minutes. If it just gets hot, you should be ok. If it morphs or smokes or melts or burns...don't use it!
More Gel Candle Making FAQs
- What is gel wax?
- Are there different kinds of gel wax?
- How do I melt gel wax?
- What are the benefits of gel wax?
- How is it different from traditional waxes?
- Can I use the same fragrances in gel wax?
- How do I get the gel out of the bucket?
- What type of wicks should I use?
- What kind of containers can I use?
- Can I make my own gel wax?
- How much fragrance can I use in gel wax?
- Can I embed anything in gel wax candles?
- What is "cold flow"?
- What kind of colorants can I use in gel candles?
- Are gel candles dangerous?