The Bottom Line
The essential oils from Columbus Essentials may seem a bit price-prohibitive to use in soap or candles, but that's because these high-grade essential oils are good enough for aromatherapy and food applications.
- Excellent, complex, therapeutic-grade essential oils.
- Good enough quality to use in aromatherapy applications.
- Pure enough to use in food and drink recipes.
- May be a bit price prohibitive for soap and candle makers.
- The eucalyptus was crisp, with wonderful grassy overtones - not just the camphoraceous bite that you get with cheaper oils.
- The geranium was absolutely wonderful - sweet & heady & floral, with alluring, subtle undertones of spice and licorice.
- The lavender was deliciously traditional - but sweeter & deeper than the 40/42 often used for soap. Perfect for aromatherapy.
- The peppermint was bright & crisp & vibrant, not sharp at all - very reminiscent of candy canes - would be wonderful in food.
- The tea tree was very nice - not biting, but still medicinal in a good way. Deeply "green" with some light citrus undertones.
Guide Review - Essential Oils Sampler
Their mission continues, "Let's face it, life is hectic and it is easy to get into a rut. We want to help you discover those things that make you happy. We believe exploration is an essential ingredient to a fulfilling life and it is our mission to offer products and knowledge from around the world to help you live a longer, more energetic, and more fulfilling life." Well, you could say that about my work on this site too - I have always loved the mixture of creativity and exploration and science and craft and cooking and just plain fun of soap and candle making. Getting to do it with fascinating, complex, powerful, "essential" ingredients like essential oils makes it just all the more fun.
So, like the folks at
- discover those things that make you happy
- explore the crafts of aromatherapy, soap making and candle making
- find the wonderful ways that your crafts can help you live a longer, more energetic, and more fulfilling life