I love floating candles. The movement of the flame is amplified and increased by the movement in the water. For this project you'll need:
- Wax - I used a votive blend here
- Wick - I used untabbed zinc core wick, suitable for a 1-2" candle.
- A small mold of some sort. The only requirement on the mold for a floating candle is that it be larger at the top than it is on the bottom. Many candle supply companies sell "tart" or "floater" molds. I used a mini-muffin tray here.
- Basic Candle Making Equipment
- Basic understanding of Candle Making Safety
Assemble all of your equipment and ingredients and let's get started!