But there's a secret weapon for the candlemaker - the amazing heat gun!
Heat guns, found at your local hardware store, can fix an myriad of errors, defects and shrinkages.
- With waxes that shrink, like pillar blends, just remelt the top of the candle until it's level again. This works in votive molds too.
- Use heat guns to warm metal molds before pouring.
- Use them to smooth out minor imperfections on the candles.
- Use them to help you get pesky, sticking candles out of their molds.
- Heat guns make clean up a snap. Just use the gun to remelt the wax left in the mold or pouring pot and wipe it out with a paper towel. Easy!