Step 1 isn't chopping or melting or stirring or pouring--Step 1 is preparing your workspace.
This will help insure both a safe candle making project and an accurate one.
Here you see a basic candle making setup:
- double boiler setup
- scale to weigh wax and fragrance
- wax in a melting pot
- colorant and fragrance oil
- spoons or a chopstick to stir the wax
- prepared molds.
Before you start, write down:
- the date
- the project (type of candle you’re making)
- the amount and type of wax you’re using
- the type of wick you’re using
- the amount and type of fragrance you’re using
- the type of colorant you’re using and an estimate of the amount you’ll use. Leave a space for the “actual” amount used.
The ingredients for this project are:
- 6- 3 oz. Dixie Cups
- 6- 2.5" zinc-core wicks
- 14.5 oz. of "Votive-blend" Paraffin Wax
- 1 oz. of fragrance oil
- 10 drops of yellow candle dye