It doesn't really matter whether you mix the dry or the wet phase first...though by habit, I always do the dry first and set it aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir them well to make sure they are blended well and no clumps remain. Set the bowl aside.
- If you're adding your color to the dry phase, do so, as I cover in Coloring Fizzy Bath Bombs
- Put the water into your squirt bottle and add the borax. Be sure to add the borax before you add the other ingredients! It won't completely dissolve...more give you a sort of wet slush.
- add your colorant (if you're adding color to the liquid phase) to the water/borax mixture (see Coloring Fizzy Bath Bombs
- add the fragrance or essential oil and the vegetable oil
- shake well so that the whole mixture becomes emulsified - a creamy, slurry-like mixture