A wonderful soothing treat for your skin! A combination of the soothing nature of oatmeal - and the detoxifying and soothing qualities of the salts.
- 2 cups of epsom salt
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 1.5 cups of finely pulverized oatmeal
- 1/2 ounce of lavender essential oil
- Measure out the salts and mix them together well, making sure to break up any clumps. I find that a large, wide, stainless steel bowl works best for blending the salts.
- Grind the oatmeal finely in a food processor or spice grinder. You want it about the consistency of sugar or salt. Add it to the salts and mix well.
- Add the essential oil. I love lavender in soothing and relaxing bath salt blends...but you can use any fragrance or essential oil blend you like.
- Mix everything together well.
- Scoop the salts into jars or other air-tight containers.
- Add the oatmeal-salts to briskly running water and enjoy a soothing soak. I find that about a cup of oatmeal salts in a normal size bath is about right. But use as much or as little as you like.