Whether you're suffering from athlete's foot, or just a long day on your feet, soaking your feet in a basin or tub of salt and essential oil filled water is a wonderful treat. This blend of essential oils is strong and the tea-tree is pretty medicinal smelling - but is known for its anti-fungal qualities.
- 2 cups of epsom salt
- 2 cups of sea salt
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 ounce of lavender essential oil
- 1/4 ounce of tea tree essential oil
- 40 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Measure out the salts and mix them together well, making sure to break up any clumps. I find that a large, wide, stainless steel bowl works best for blending the salts.
- Add the essential oils.
- Mix everything together well.
- Scoop the salts into jars or other air-tight containers.
- Use a half cup or so in a basin of hot water. More or less to your preference (and the size of your basin.)
- After soaking your feet, be sure to dry them well and keep them dry in fresh clean socks.
For more information on essential oil blending, check out create your own essential oil blend.